torstai 27. maaliskuuta 2014

Day 12: Easy rolling

Today was surely the easiest day on my journey so far. The morning began again with a sun shine, contrary to the forecast. Also the wind was still on my side and the road was straight and smooth. What more could I ask for? So I left the shores of Vättern and headed east, towards Linköping, Norrköping (many Köpings around here) and finally Åby, my destination for the day.

Flat landscapes + smooth road + wind on my back = Easy rolling
Since I had Internet in the motel where I had slept, I checked out a suitable accommodation already in the morning, called and booked it. It was a much more relaxed feeling to bike the day, having already secured a place to sleep for the night. I decided on purpose to make a shorter trip than yesterday, because I wanted to leave enough kilometers for the last day. I want to really try my upper limits and see if I can bike the remaining 170km in one day. So for today I had about 110 km.

The 110 kilometers went really fast, at least it felt like it. When I think about the ride now, I don't even remember much of it. Well, Linköping seemed to be a really nice city, even such that I could imagine living there. Norrköping, which to my knowledge is one of the largest cities in Sweden, I passed from west, so not much to be said about that. I arrived in my destination in Åby just after 4pm, long before darkness. Ample time to recover and prepare for the last day's challenge!

My hostel is a pretty big house, where I'm the only guest, again. There is not even a hostel keeper, I got the door code through telephone. There is no sheets either! However, a few times I heard someone come to the house and soon leave, never seeing who it was. A bit creepy! Edit: there is another guest after all - a weird old man who always mumbles and escapes me when I say Hi to him. And apparently he has some serious stomach problems, judging from the messy state of the toilet. A friendly tip for the reader: if possible, avoid the Vandrarhem hostels while travelling in Sweden.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti