sunnuntai 16. maaliskuuta 2014

Day 4: More lake landscapes

In the morning I got the rack installed. I also bought the sidebags for it and installed my backpack on top of the pile too. Made biking easier for sure! I needed to use my MacGyver skillset to get it properly fit (i.e. using duct tape). By the way, duct tape is a must have for every bike traveller. Yesterday I also fixed my biking trousers with it. Really saves every situation, which is why we call it the "Jesus tape" in Finland.

Finally: The pack off my back!
Today I saw a lot of lake landscapes of the Mecklenburg-Vorpommen area. Really beautiful, not least because it was still really sunny until the evening. I also saw some deers today. I think it's because I made my bike silent by removing a dangiling (really noisy) lock. Now they cannot hear me anymore before I'm upon them! I also saw several hawks, ravens, and some other animals.


There were many very easy parts today, where I didn't need to look for the map much. Always nicer. Partly because of that, partly because I got the backpack from my back, I got about 90 kilometers today, which is not bad.

The weather type is changing. Last leg today was very windy. It was also getting much colder and cloudier. Today I'm staying the night in Bützow (a superbly boring little town). I'm in a hotel room right now, too tired to write more tonight.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti